Filming & taking photos
For the protection of patients and staff, it is not permitted to film them and / or photograph them without their permission. Professional videos or photos meant for publication can only be recorded or taken with the permission of the Communication and Information Department.
Permission is exclusively given in case of recordings
- in the interest of patient care and / or
- in the interest of the hospital and / or
- in the interest of the relationship between the hospital and the applicant and / or
- in the general public interest.
Patients can never be visible in the photo and / or video without written permission from the patient. This also applies to recordings outside on the hospital site. Recordings can never disturb patient care.
In order to protect the privacy of our patients and staff, there are rules for taking photos, making video and audio recordings. The following rules apply to patients and visitors.
- Do you want to share a photo or video for instance on social media? Please make sure there are no other people visible in the background of your photo/video.
- You can take photos or make videos of yourself in the hospital, but other patients or staff members cannot be recognizably visible or audible.
- Be reticent when you take photos or make videos of other people. If you want to record someone else anyway, please ask permission from that person in advance. Please always say what you want to do with the photo or video.
- If someone is unable to give permission, you are not permitted to take photos or make videos of this person. You cannot take photos or make videos of children either.
- Use of hidden cameras is not permitted at the Horacio Oduber Hospital.